Melbourne Clinic offering Anti-Wrinkle Injections
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Click above to watch an actual procedure performed in our clinic.
For the treatment of wrinkles, a diluted solution is injected just under the skin into the overactive muscles that produce the wrinkles. This blocks the impulses from the nerves to those muscles and produces a temporary muscle weakening, with the aim to decrease fine lines and wrinkles.
Please note that results will vary from person to person. Other areas that may be treated include frown lines, crow’s feet, bunny lines (on the nose), forehead lines, or lip lines.
Not only are wrinkle injections used to treat fine lines and wrinkles but it can also be used to reshape the face. We treat people with gummy smile, square jawlines, and we can also treat the brows with a non-surgical brow lift.
General advice pre anti wrinkle treatment
- During your initial consultation for wrinkle injections at our St Kilda clinic, our staff will determine whether the treatment is appropriate.
- To reduce the chances of bruising, we recommend avoiding some medications such as aspirin, medication containing aspirin, vitamin E and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (check with your medical practitioner prior to stopping any regular or prescribed medication).
- Ice is routinely applied to the area being treated prior to the injections. This will help numb the area and decrease the chances of swelling and bruising after the treatment.
General advice post injections
- Avoid lying flat for approximately 4 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid excessive exercise and picking up heavy objects for 4-8 hours.
- Do not rub or massage the injected area.
- Avoid alcohol for 4-8 hours after your treatment
- *Due to restrictions imposed by the TGA the name of the used product cannot be stated on the website.
To find out more about our services call us on 0395100714 and book a consultation with our experienced Registered Nurse.