Skin Needling with Medical Grade Dermastamp
This facial treatment also known as skin needling is very popular in the UK and is now proving very popular in Melbourne. Tiny needles are applied over the face with the Dermapen/Dermastamp to stimulate the production of new skin cells and proteins. These very fine micro needles puncture through the dermal and epidermal layers of the skin temporarily wounding the skin causing a stimulation in growth factors generating an increase in skin cells and dermal proteins. The skin becomes thicker with improved tone. The treatment also improve the ability for the skin to absorb products applied to the skin. We recommend 3 treatments for the best results 4-6 weeks apart in our St Kilda clinic.
What potential benefits can be achieved from skin needling?
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Decrease pigmentation
- Thickening of the dermis
- Softening of the skin
- Improve overall skin tone and texture
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars, chicken pox scars and surgical scars
- Improve the appearance of rosacea
- Improve the appearance of pores
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite
Advice pre medical grade Dermapen/Dermarolla (skin needling) treatment
- There will be an initial consultation where your skin will be assessed and your desired aims will be discussed.
- Topical local anaesthetic will be applied to the skin to be treated allowing 20-30 minutes to take effect.
Advice post medical grade Dermapen/Dermarolla (skin needling) treatment
- Straight after your treatment you may experience some redness, swelling, tingling, burning sensation, dry or flaky skin which can last up to 5 days.
- Keep skin well moisturised
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Avoid makeup for up to 24 hours after the treatment
- Avoid swimming and saunas